How to Apply
THANK YOU FOR INTEREST IN Collabor8te.
PLEASE FOLLOW US ON TWITTER, FACEBOOK, AND CHECK BACK SOON
FOR UPDATES AND FUTURE OPPORTUNITIES
Please read the guidelines below, complete the entry form, and submit the following:
- 1 Page Synopsis
- Script up to 15 pages
Maximum file size: 2MB. Upload PDF files only – no other format will be accepted. If you have difficulty submitting the form, please check that all of your file names end with the extension .pdf; difficulty may arise if using Internet Explorer, please try an alternative web browser.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Scripts of any genre, up to 15 pages. The initiative will produce up to 8 films with budgets up to £10,000 each during 2013.
• While Collabor8te is keen to develop narrative films with strong stories and characters, we actively encourage a broad array of styles, genres, and mediums including animation.
• Collabor8te welcome submissions from writers with a variety of creative disciplines and backgrounds.
• Writers may submit up to 2 scripts each. If a writer enters more than 2 scripts, we will read only the first 2 submissions and will not read new drafts or revisions.
• Writers CANNOT submit a script that they submitted for Collabor8te 2011.
• Writers are encouraged to submit scripts that are feasible for the timescale and budget available.
• Though a script may have elements attached (director, producer, cast), we are initially only interested in the script and therefore will only discuss further elements if a project is short-listed for development.
• Scriptwriters do not need to have any previous film credits nor does this have to be their first short. We are interested in working with new and emerging talent, from first-time writers to experienced artists and creatives crossing over to narrative filmmaking.
• Collabor8te will not consider ideas for documentaries.
• Collabor8te will not co-finance any project.
• Collabor8te will only consider submissions from residents of the UK and Ireland.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF YOU ARE SELECTED FOR DEVELOPMENT
12 successful candidates will be contacted via email in late-January 2013. Each candidate will be expected to attend one, daylong development workshop at Rankin Film Productions, London, in early February. This will be followed by a series of remote one-to-one meetings in February through April 2013. After this development period up to 8 scripts will be selected for production.
All films will be shot and completed in 2013. Each film will have a carefully selected production team that will include a mixture of new and established talent, recommended by RFP and The Bureau. The scriptwriter will work closely with the director, communally elected by the Collabor8te team and scriptwriter. Writer-directors will be considered where they can display an ability to direct the project. In these instances a directing showreel will be required.
Directors and producers interested in being considered for a Collabor8te project are invited to contact RFP from January-April 2013.
Open Call for Scripts: 1st October 2012
Script Submission Deadline: 30th November 2012
12 Selected Scripts Announced: Late-January 2013
Writers Workshop Day: Early February 2013
Development Period: February – April 2013
Production: May – November 2013
All films will be submitted to international film festivals throughout 2013/2014, after which point they will be uploaded for exhibition on Dazed Digital.
Please complete the online submission form here.
(Due to the high volume of submissions we will not be able to reply to entries that have not been selected)
If you have any further questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org